Here are a few tips on managing your book life:
- Have a schedule- No, I am not expecting you to make a complete schedule of your reading time and stick to it. Just have a general idea of times when you are usually able to read
- Set your priorities- I hate to say it but studies and work always come first. Just remember, once you have a job and a steady income then you can buy all the books you want!
- Get in the zone- Sometimes it's hard to just sit down and enjoy a good book after you've been doing something really productive for a while. Allow yourself some time to unwind so that when you eventually do sit down with your book you feel comfortable and can actually enjoy it.
- Destroy temptation- I get it, sometimes you really want to read but just can't seem to focus because of everything going on around you and you had been moving around all day. Reduce this temptation by setting your phone on silent and sitting away from your computer.
- Don't Reddit, Read It- Lastly don't get distracted by social media to the point where it feeds into your reading time. This one is tricky because there's cheats (like watching booktube for four hours straight. Okay guys, you caught me). But the point is have time for social media, but don't let it consume you because then you will just get into a horrible book slump and no matter how much time you allocate to reading nothing is going to get done.
I hope you guys liked this post! Feel free to comment and if you have any recommendations for my next post feel free to share c: